Complete List of Publications by Keith Weninger (updated 8/31/2018)
62. LeBlanc S, Gauer J, Hao P, Case B, Hingorani M, Weninger K, Erie D, “Coordinated protein and DNA conformational changes govern mismatch repair initiation by MutS”, Nucleic Acids Research, accepted xx, xx (2018)
61. Hellenkamp B, Schmid S, Doroshenko O, Opanasyuk O, Kühnemuth R, Rezaei Adariani S, Ambrose B, Aznauryan M, Barth A, Birkedal V, Bowen ME, Chen H, Cordes T, Eilert T, Fijen C, Gebhardt C, Götz M, Gouridis G, Gratton E, Ha T, Hao P, Hanke CA, Hartmann A, Hendrix J, Hildebrandt LL, Hirschfeld V, Hohlbein J, Hua B, Hübner CG, Kallis E, Kapanidis AN, Kim JY, Krainer G, Lamb DC, Lee NK, Lemke EA, Levesque B, Levitus M, McCann JJ, Naredi-Rainer N, Nettels D, Ngo T, Qiu R, Robb NC, Röcker C, Sanabria H, Schlierf M, Schröder T, Schuler B, Seidel H, Streit L, Thurn J, Tinnefeld P, Tyagi S, Vandenberk N, Vera AM, Weninger KR, Wünsch B, Yanez-Orozco IS, Michaelis J, Seidel CAM, Craggs TD, Hugel T, "Precision and accuracy of single-molecule FRET – a worldwide benchmark study" , Nature Methods,15, 669 (2018)
60. M. Roushan, Z. Azad, S. Movahed, P.D. Ray, G.I. Livshits, S.F. Lim, K.R. Weninger, R. Riehn, "Motor-like DNA motion due to an ATP-hydrolyzing protein under nanoconfinement" , Scientific Reports,8, 10036 (2018)
59. R. Salgia, M.K. Jolly, T. Dorff, C. Lau, K. Weninger, J. Orban and P. Kulkarni, "Prostate-Associated Gene 4 (PAGE4): Leveraging the Conformational Dynamics of a Dancing Protein Cloud as a Therapeutic Target" , Journal of Clinical Medicine, 7, 156 (2018)
58. X. Lin, S. Roy, M.K. Jolly, F. Bocci, N. Schafer, Tsai, Y. Chen, Y. He, A.M. Grishaev, K. Weninger, J. Orban, P. Kulkarni, G. Rangarajan, H. Levine, J.N. Onuchic, "PAGE4 and conformational switching: Insights from molecular dynamics simulations and implications for prostate cancer" , Journal of Molecular Biology, 430, 2422 (2018)
57. M. Jolly, P. Kulkarni, K. Weninger, J. Orban, H Levine "Phenotypic plasticity, bet-hedging, and androgen independence in prostate cancer: role of non-genetic heterogeneity", Frontiers in Oncology, 8:50 (2018)
56. P. Kulkarni, M. K. Jolly, D. Jia, S. M. Mooney, A. Bhargava, Luciane T. Kagohara, Yihong Chen, Pengyu Hao, Yanan He, R. W. Veltri, A. Grishaev, K. Weninger, H. Levine & J. Orban "Phosphorylation-induced conformational dynamics in an intrinsically disordered protein and potential role in phenotypic heterogeneity", PNAS, 114, E2644-E2653 (2017)
55. J.W. Gauer, S. LeBlanc, P. Hao, R. Qiu, B. Case, M. Sakato, M.M. Hingorani, D.A. Erie, K.R. Weninger "Single Molecule FRET to Measure Conformational Dynamics of DNA Mismatch Repair Proteins", Methods in Enzymology, 581, 285-315 (2016)
54. P. Kulkarni, A.K. Dunker, K. Weninger, J. Orban "Prostate-associated Gene 4 (PAGE4), an intrinsically disordered Cancer/Testis Antigen, is a novel therapeutic target for prostate cancer", Asian Journal of Andrology, 18, 1-9 (2016)
53. R. Qiu, M. Sakato, E.J. Sacho, H. Wilkins, X. Zhang, P. Modrich, M.M. Hingorani, D.A. Erie, K.R. Weninger "MutL traps MutS at a DNA mismatch", PNAS, 112, 10914-10919 (2015)
52. Y. He, Y. Chen, S.M. Mooney, K. Rajagopalan, A. Bhargava, E. Sacho, K. Weninger, P.N. Bryan, P. Kulkarni, J. Orban "Phosphorylation-Induced Conformational Ensemble switching in an Intrinsically Disordered Cancer/Testis antigen", J. Biol. Chem., 290, 25090-25102 (2015)
51. D.A. Erie, K.R. Weninger "Single Molecule Studies of DNA Mismatch Repair", DNA Repair,20, 71-81 (2014)
50. V.C. DeRocco, L.E. Sass, R. Qiu, K.R. Weninger, D.A. Erie "Dynamics of MutS-mismatched DNA complexes are predictive of their repair pheontypes", Biochemistry,53, 2043-2052 (2014)
49. S.M. Mooney, R. Qiu, J.J. Kim, E.J. Sacho, K. Rajagopalan, D. Johng, T. Shiraishi, P. Kulkarni, K.R. Weninger "The Cancer/Testis antigen PAGE4, a regulator of c-Jun transactivation, is phosphorylated by Homeo-domain interacting protein kinase 1, a component of the stress-response pathway", Biochemistry,53, 1670-1679 (2014)
48. K. Rajagopalan, R. Qiu, S.M. Mooney, S. Rao, T. Shiraishi, E. Sacho, H. Huang, E. Shapiro, K.R. Weninger, P. Kulkarni "The Stress-response protein prostate-associated gene 4, interacts with c-Jun and potentiates its transactivation", Biochim Biophys Acta.,1842, 154 (2014)
47. A.T. Brunger, P. Strop, M. Vrljic, M. Bowen, S. Chu, K.R. Weninger "Macromolecular Models by single-molecule FRET", J.D. Puglisi and M.V. Margaris (eds.), Biophysics and Structure to Counter Threats and Challenges, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics, 1-19 (2013)
46. U.B. Choi, K.R. Weninger, M.E. Bowen "Immobilization of proteins for single-molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer measurements of conformation and dynamics", Methods Mol Bio, 896, 3-20 (2012).
45. R. Qiu, V.C. DeRocco, C. Harris, A. Sharma, M.M. Hingorani, D.A. Erie, K.R. Weninger "Large conformational changes in MutS during DNA scanning, mismatch recognition and repair signalling", The EMBO Journal, 31, 2528-2540 (2012).
44. Shahzad Khalid, B. Kappus, K. Weninger, S. Putterman "Opacity and transport measurments reveal that dilute plasma models of sonoluminescence are not valid", Physical Review Letters, 108,104302 (2012).
43. K. R. Weninger, "Complexin arrests a neighbor", Nature Strucutral and Molecular Biology, 18, 861 (2011).
42. U.B. Choi, J.J. McCann, K. Weninger, M. Bowen, "Beyond the random coil: Stochastic conformational switching in intrinsically disordered proteins", Structure, 19, 566 (2011).
41. A.T. Brunger, P. Strop, M. Vrljic, S. Chu, K. Weninger, "Three-dimensional molecular modeling with single molecule FRET", Journal of Structural Biology, 173, 497 (2011).
40. V.C. DeRocco, T. Anderson, J. Piehler, D.A. Erie, K. Weninger, "Four-color single-molecule fluorescence with noncovalent dye labeling to monitor dynamic multimolecular complexes", BioTechniques, 49, 807-816 (2010).
39. J.J. McCann, U.B. Choi, L. Zheng, K. Weninger, M.E. Bowen, "Optimizing methods to recover absolute FRET efficiency from immobilized single molecules", Biophysical Journal, 99, 961-970 (2010).
38. L.E. Sass, C. Lanyi, K. Weninger, D.A. Erie, "Single-molecule FRET TACKLE reveals highly dynamic mismatched DNA-MutS complexes", Biochemistry, 49, 3174-3190 (2010).
37. U.B. Choi, P. Strop, M. Vrljic, S. Chu, A. T Brunger, K. Weninger, "Single molecule FRET derived model of the synaptotagmin 1 - SNARE fusion complex", Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 17, 318 (2010).
36. J. Sakon, K. Weninger, "Detecting the conformation of individual proteins in live cells", Nature Methods, 7, 203 (2010).
35. P. Fletcher, M. Fletcher, K. Weninger, T. Anderson, B. Martin "VAMP cleavage by a new metalloprotease from the Brazilian scorpion Tityus serrulatus", Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285, 7405-7416 (2010).
34. L. Wessels, K. Weninger, "Physical aspects of viral membrane fusion", TheScientificWorldJOURNAL, 9, 764-780 (2009).
33. K. Weninger, "How do adhesion proteins stick?", Structure, 17, 1035 (2009).
32. A.T. Brunger, K. Weninger, M.E. Bowen, S. Chu, "Single molecule studies of the neuronal SNARE fusion machinery", Annual Review of Biochemistry, 78, 903 (2009).
31. J. Sakon, G. Ribeill, J. Garguilo, J. Perkins, K. Weninger, R. Nemanich, "Fluorescence quenching effects of nanocrystalline diamond surfaces", Diamond and Related Materials, 18, 82 (2009)
30. W. Thongthai and K. Weninger, "Photoinactivation of Sindbis virus without inhibition of membrane fusion", Photochemistry and Photobiology, 85, 801 (2009).
29. K. Weninger, M.E.Bowen, U. Choi, S. Chu, A. Brunger, "Accessory proteins stabilize the acceptor complex for synaptobrevin, the 1:1 syntaxin/SNAP-25 complex", Structure 16, 308 (2008).
28. Y. Li, G. Augustine, K. Weninger, "Kinetics of complexin binding to the SNARE complex: correcting single molecule FRET measurements for hidden events" Biophysical Journal, 93,2178 (2007).
27. L. Wessels, M. Elting, D. Scimeca, K. Weninger, "Rapid membrane fusion of individual virus particles with supported lipid bilayers", Biophysical Journal, 93, 526 (2007).
26. G. Wang, R. Hernandez, K. Weninger, D. Brown, "Infection of cells by Sindbis virus at low temperatures", Virology 362, 461 (2007).
25. M.E. Bowen, K. Weninger, J. Ernst, S. Chu, A. T. Brunger, "Single Molecule Studies of Synaptotagmin and Complexin Binding to the SNARE Complex", Biophysical Journal 89, 690-702 (2005).
24. M.E. Bowen, K. Weninger, A. T. Brunger, S. Chu, "Single Molecule Observation of Liposome Bilayer Fusion Thermally Induced by SNAREs", Biophysical Journal 87, 3569-84 (2004).
23. K. Weninger, M.E. Bowen, S. Chu, A. T. Brunger, "Single-Molecule Studies of SNARE Complex Assembly Reveal Parallel and Antiparallel Configurations", Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 14800-05 (2003).
22. G. Vazquez, C. Camara, S. J. Putterman and K. Weninger, "Black-Body Spectra for Sonoluminescing Hydrogen Bubbles", Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 197402-1 (2002).
21. G. Vazquez, C. Camara, S. J. Putterman and K. Weninger, "Sonoluminescence: Nature's Smallest Black-Body", Optics Letters 26, 575 (2001).
20. K. R. Weninger, P.G. Evans, and S. J. Putterman, "Comment on Mie Scattering from a Sonoluminescing Bubble with High Spatial and Temporal Resolution" Phys. Rev. E 64, 0383011 (2001).
19. C. Camara, S. J. Putterman, G. Vazquez and K. Weninger, Nature's tiniest Black-body" Optics and Photonics News, 112, (12) 45 (2001).
18. S. J. Putterman, P.G. Evans, G. Vazquez, and K. R. Weninger "Is there a Simple Theory of Sonoluminescence?" Nature 409, 782 (2001).
17. K. R. Weninger, C. Camara, and S. J. Putterman, "Observation of Bubble Dynamics within Luminescent Cavitation Clouds: Sonoluminescence at the Nano-Scale" Phys. Rev. E 63, 016310 (2001).
16. S. J. Putterman and K. R. Weninger, "Sonoluminescence: How Bubbles Turn Sound into Light Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics 32, 45 (2000).
15. K. R. Weninger, P.G. Evans, and S. J. Putterman, "Time correlated Single Photon Mie Scattering from a Sonoluminescing Bubble" Phys. Rev. E . 61 1020 (2000).
14. K. R. Weninger, C. Camara, and S. J. Putterman, "Physical Acoustics of Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction" Clinics in Plastic Surgery 26, 463 (1999).
13. K. R. Weninger, C. Camara, and S. J. Putterman, "Energy Focusing in a Converging Fluid Flow: Implications for Sonoluminescence" Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 2081 (1999).
12. S. J. Putterman and K. R. Weninger, "Commentary on Topaz et al. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 19, 205 (1999)" Aesthetic Surgery Journal 19, 214 (1999).
11. R. A. Hiller, S. J. Putterman, and K. R. Weninger, "Time Resolved Spectra of Sonoluminescence" Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 1090 (1998).
10. R. Budakian, K. Weninger, R. A. Hiller and S. J. Putterman, "Picosecond Discharges and Stick-Slip Friction at the Moving Meniscus of Mercury" Nature 391 266 (1998).
9. K. Weninger, H. Cho, R. Hiller, S. J. Putterman, and G. Williams, "Sonoluminescence from an Isolated Bubble on a Solid Surface" Phys. Rev. E 56 6745 (1997).
8. B.P. Barber, R. Hiller, R. Lofstedt, S. Putterman, and K. Weninger, "Defining the Unknowns of Sonoluminescence" Physics Reports 281, 65 (1997).
7. B.P. Barber, K. Weninger, and S. Putterman, "Sonoluminescence" Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A 355, 641 (1997).
6. K. R. Weninger, B.P. Barber and S. Putterman, "Pulsed Mie Scattering Measurements of the Collapse of a Sonoluminescing Bubble" Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 1799 (1997).
5. K. Weninger, S. Putterman, and B.P. Barber, "Angular Correlations in Sonoluminescence: Diagnostic for the Sphericity of a Collapsing Bubble" Phys. Rev. E. 54, R2205 (1996).
4. K. Weninger, R. Hiller, B.P. Barber, D. Lacoste, and S. Putterman, "Sonoluminescence from Single Bubbles in Nonaqueous Liquids: New Parameter Space for Sonochemistry" J. Phys. Chem. 99, 14195 (1995).
3. B.P. Barber, K. Weninger, R. Lofstedt, and S. Putterman, "Observation of a New Phase of Sonoluminescence at Low Partial Pressures" Phys. Rev. Lett.74, 5276 (1995).
2. R. Lofstedt, K. Weninger, S. Putterman, and B.P. Barber, "Sonoluminescing Bubbles and Mass Diffusion" Phys. Rev. E. 51, 4400 (1995).
1. R. Hiller, K. Weninger, S. Putterman, and B.P. Barber, "Effect of Noble Gas Doping in Single-Bubble Sonoluminescence" Science 265, 248 (1994).