Physics Instructional Labs
- Questions about course registration: FAQ
- Questions about specific labs:
- If you know your lab section, email your TA (emails are listed on the course pages above).
- If you do not know your TA, contact the Lead TA responsible for your course.
- Questions about PY labs in general should be addressed to the PY Labs Director.
- You must be registered for a lecture AND a lab section.
- Repeating lab?
- If the lab is separate from the class and has any credit hours associated with it, you do not have to retake the lab.
- If the lab is zero credits and part of the class, you must retake the lab with the class.
- Switching or adding of lab sections after the 'Last day to add a course without permission of instructor' is NOT allowed.
- Adding or switching a lab section for any reason after the University's Drop/Add Deadline it must be approved by the
Assistant Department Head.
- Missing a lab:
- You are expected to attend all labs. There are no make-up labs for ANY reason.
- If you will miss a lab due to a scheduled official University event you can present your Lab Instructor with a copy of the official letter stating your participation and will be excused from that lab.
- For ALL other requests for lab exemptions, you must download and fill out the
Lab Exemption Request Form and submit it to the Director of Instructional Labs, Robert Egler, in Fox Labs 236. (Robert_egler@ncsu.edu)
Expectations of Lab Students:
- You must arrive on time.
- You must bring a writing utensil and a calculator.
- You are expected to be a good group member:
- Include all members of the group in lab activities.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a group member.
- Assist other group members when needed.
Spring 2014 Lead TAs
PY 211/12 : Meng Cao, Tianchi Chen
PY 206/209 : Atul Chhotray, Jonathan Erb