Physics Instructional Labs
- Questions about course registration: FAQ
- Questions about specific labs:
- If you know your lab section, email your TA (emails are listed on the course pages above).
- If you do not know your TA, contact the Lead TA responsible for your course.
- Questions about PY labs in general should be addressed to the PY Labs Director.
- You must be registered for a lecture AND a lab section. If you repeat the lecture class you MUST also repeat the lab.
- Switching or adding of lab sections after the first week of a semester is NOT advised.
- Adding or switching a lab section for any reason after the University's Drop/Add Deadline it must be approved by the
Assistant Department Head.
- Missing a lab:
- You are expected to attend all labs. There are no make-up labs for ANY reason.
- If you will miss a lab due to a scheduled official University event you can present your Lab Instructor with a copy of the official letter stating your participation and will be excused from that lab.
- For ALL other requests for lab exemptions, you must download and fill out the
Lab Exemption Request Form and submit it to the Director of Instructional Labs, Robert Egler, in Fox Labs 236. (Robert_egler@ncsu.edu)
Expectations of Lab Students:
- You must arrive on time.
- You must bring a writing utensil and a calculator.
- You are expected to be a good group member:
- Include all members of the group in lab activities.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a group member.
- Assist other group members when needed.
Fall 2013 Lead TAs
PY 211/12 : Meng Cao, Colleen Lanz
PY 205/208 : Atul Chhotray, Jonathan Erb